CHRIST THE ROCK CONGREGATION
Sunday June 5th 2022
Sermon by Pastor Marc Simeon
THE DAY OF PENTECOST
LE JOUR DE LA PENTECOTE
8 Mais vous recevrez une puissance, le Saint-Esprit survenant sur vous, et vous serez mes témoins à Jérusalem, dans toute la Judée, dans la Samarie, et jusqu’aux extrémités de la terre. (LSV)
8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (NKJV)
- This Sunday, Christians from everywhere around the world are celebrating the day of Pentecost.
- Some Christian circles make a bigger deal about it than others.
- Pentecost is indeed one of the most significant dates of the church.
- Pentecost is the birthday of the church.
- When Jesus ascended back to heaven, the church was at a full blown pregnancy stage.
- All the preparations for the birth of the church were done by Jesus.
- Jesus the second head of the trinity came to live among us on earth as a human being.
- In due time, Jesus began to preach and teach the new doctrine of salvation.
- Jesus trained a number of disciples to carry on with the work after he was gone.
- In due time, Jesus laid down His life in atonement for the sin debt of humanity.
- Jesus came victoriously out of the grave to seal the forgiveness package from God to mankind.
- Before His ascension, Jesus infused enough power into the disciples and commanded them to go wait in Jerusalem for the coming of the Holy Spirit.
- 10 days after the ascension, lo and behold, the Holy Spirit of God arrived and seized all the 120 disciples who were in expectation for him.
- The timid Jesus’ movement that seemed so closed to its extinction after the death of his leader has exploded on the day of Pentecost in such magnitude to impact the whole world every since.
- The simple followers of Jesus Christ have turned to wonders under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
- The Christian movement that seemed so feeble at first, had become the global and pivotal force to the rest of human civilization.
- Signs and wonders, and great display of divine empowerment accompanied the coming of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost.
- The launching of the church was glorious in every aspect.
- Floods of people come to join the disciples.
- In a short period, from the initial 120, the movement was already counting 5000 followers.
- All efforts to slow the spread of the fire were found abortive.
- The persecutions of the disciples only intensified their zeal for Christ.
- Pentecost should have never taken a back seat in the calendar of the church.
- This is not an important day for the Pentecostal churches, but a special day for all Christians around the world.
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit was not a new Spirit, but the same Spirit who was roaming over the waters at the beginning of creation.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Godhead.
- God the Father draws the plan of salvation for mankind.
- God the Son fulfilled the plan of salvation by dying on the cross.
- God the Holy Spirit works with the partakers of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit convicts sinners of their sins.
- The Holy Spirit prepares the heart of the sinner to receive salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is in charge of the regeneration process whereby the sinner becomes a new spiritual creation.
- The Holy Spirit continues sanctification process in aim to transform the participant to the likeness of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit living inside an individual is the warrant of salvation.
- On the day of the rapture, at the sound of the trumpets, it is the Holy Spirit who will transform the Christians to the spirit beings to go meet Jesus in the air.
- The Holy Spirit selects and empowers Christians for specific ministries.
TITLES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
CONSOLATEUR / Comforter
Joh 14:16 Et moi, je prierai le Père, et il vous donnera un autre consolateur, afin qu’il demeure éternellement avec vous, (LSV)
16 “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever– (NKJV)
ESPRIT SAINT / Holy Spirit
Eph 1:13 En lui vous aussi, après avoir entendu la parole de la vérité, l’Évangile de votre salut, en lui vous avez cru et vous avez été scellés du Saint-Esprit qui avait été promis, (LSV)
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, (NKJV)
Eph 4:30 N’attristez pas le Saint-Esprit de Dieu, par lequel vous avez été scellés pour le jour de la rédemption. (LSV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (NKJV)
LA PUISSANCE DU TRES HAUT / Power of the Highest
Lu 1:35 L’ange lui répondit: Le Saint-Esprit viendra sur toi, et la puissance du Très-Haut te couvrira de son ombre. C’est pourquoi le saint enfant qui naîtra de toi sera appelé Fils de Dieu. (LSV)
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. (NKJV)
ESPRIT D’ADOPTION / Spirit of Adoption
Ro 8:15 Et vous n’avez point reçu un esprit de servitude, pour être encore dans la crainte; mais vous avez reçu un Esprit d’adoption, par lequel nous crions: Abba! Père! (LSV)
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DE CHRIST / Spirit of Christ
1Pe 1:11 voulant sonder l’époque et les circonstances marquées par l’Esprit de Christ qui était en eux, et qui attestait d’avance les souffrances de Christ et la gloire dont elles seraient suivies. (LSV)
11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. (NKJV)
L’ESRIT DE GLOIRE / Spirit of Glory
1Pe 4:14 Si vous êtes outragés pour le nom de Christ, vous êtes heureux, parce que l’Esprit de gloire, l’Esprit de Dieu, repose sur vous. (LSV)
14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DE SAINTETE / Spirit of Holiness
Ro 1:4 et déclaré Fils de Dieu avec puissance, selon l’Esprit de sainteté, par sa résurrection d’entre les morts), Jésus-Christ notre Seigneur, (LSV)
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DE VIE / Spirit of Life
Ro 8:2 En effet, la loi de l’esprit de vie en Jésus-Christ m’a affranchi de la loi du péché et de la mort. (LSV)
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DE PROPHETIE / Spirit of Prophecy
Re 19:10 Et je tombai à ses pieds pour l’adorer; mais il me dit: Garde-toi de le faire! Je suis ton compagnon de service, et celui de tes frères qui ont le témoignage de Jésus. Adore Dieu. -Car le témoignage de Jésus est l’esprit de la prophétie. (LSV)
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DU PERE / Spirit of the Father
Mt 10:20 car ce n’est pas vous qui parlerez, c’est l’Esprit de votre Père qui parlera en vous. (LSV)
20 “for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. (NKJV)
L’ESPRIT DU FILS / Spirit of the Son
Ga 4:6 Et parce que vous êtes fils, Dieu a envoyé dans nos cœurs l’Esprit de son Fils, lequel crie: Abba! Père! (LSV)
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” (NKJV)
- In this day of Pentecost, I want to encourage you to get to know the Holy Spirit a little more.
- He is the silent auditor in your soul.
- He is the one who activates your conscience when you sin.
- He is the one who rejoices to see when your intimacy with God improves.
- He is the enabler, the tutor, the cheer leader, the teacher, the counselor, and the guide of all believers in Christ.
- You can choose to neglect Him
- You can choose to quench Him
- You can choose to shut Him down
- You can also choose to excite Him
- You can honor Him by your improvements.
- You can befriend Him.
- You can enquire of Him in all your endeavors.
- The Holy Spirit is the best gift of Christian next to salvation.
- Thank you so much Holy Spirit for putting up with me for all these years.
- Thank you Holy Spirit for not giving up on me when I so often deserved it.
- Thank you for your past works in me.
- Thank you for your present works in me.
- And, thank you for your future works in me.