CHRIST THE ROCK CONGREGATION
SUNDAY APRIL 17TH 2022
Sermon by Pastor Marc E Simeon
L’IMPACT DE LA RESURRECTION DE JESUS CHRIST
THE IMPACT OF THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
APOCALYPSE 1 : 10-19
10 Je fus ravi en esprit au jour du Seigneur, et j’entendis derrière moi une voix forte, comme le son d’une trompette,
11 qui disait: Ce que tu vois, écris-le dans un livre, et envoie-le aux sept Églises, à Éphèse, à Smyrne, à Pergame, à Thyatire, à Sardes, à Philadelphie, et à Laodicée.
12 Je me retournai pour connaître quelle était la voix qui me parlait. Et, après m’être retourné, je vis sept chandeliers d’or,
13 et, au milieu des sept chandeliers, quelqu’un qui ressemblait à un fils d’homme, vêtu d’une longue robe, et ayant une ceinture d’or sur la poitrine.
14 Sa tête et ses cheveux étaient blancs comme de la laine blanche, comme de la neige; ses yeux étaient comme une flamme de feu;
15 ses pieds étaient semblables à de l’airain ardent, comme s’il eût été embrasé dans une fournaise; et sa voix était comme le bruit de grandes eaux.
16 Il avait dans sa main droite sept étoiles. De sa bouche sortait une épée aiguë, à deux tranchants; et son visage était comme le soleil lorsqu’il brille dans sa force.
17 Quand je le vis, je tombai à ses pieds comme mort. Il posa sur moi sa main droite en disant: Ne crains point! (1:18) Je suis le premier et le dernier,
18 et le vivant. J’étais mort; et voici, je suis vivant aux siècles des siècles. Je tiens les clefs de la mort et du séjour des morts.
19 Écris donc les choses que tu as vues, et celles qui sont, et celles qui doivent arriver après elles,
- Re 1:17-19 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
- 18 “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
- 19 “Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
- The book of revelation opens with a glorious vision that the Apostle John has had in the Isle of Patmos where he was exiled.
- John had the privilege to behold the glorified Christ in His majesty.
- Not the meek person that was roaming the streets of Jerusalem with him, but the crown Messiah and Lord of all.
- Jesus mentioned his death, his resurrection and his acquired authority over death.
- He is the first and he is the last in other word, he is GOD.
- He is God and yet He is at the right hand of God the Father.
- The Father was the one who crafted the plan of salvation and all the details involved.
- Nothing explains better the love of God for humanity than the cross and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus came on earth fully aware of the price tag of the mission.
- Back in the days, they used to make movies where the main actor unselfishly and gallantly put his life on the line for what seems to him a greater cause than his very own existence.
- People leave the movie theatre with tears in their eyes and a great admiration for the actor or actors in question.
- The next time they go to the movie, they get to see the same actor who died in the previous film.
- After some times the emotions are no longer the same toward that individual actor. People begin to say “that’s a good acting!”
- When we ponder upon the Passion Week, we are not witnessing a good movie where the main actor was an outstanding performer.
- We are witnessing the most horrific scene that the world has ever known.
- The anguish at Gethsemane was real.
- The betrayal of Peter was real.
- The beatings of the Roman soldiers were real.
- The false accusations were real.
- The condemnation was real.
- The hypocrisy of Pilate was real.
- The indignation for Jesus’ life to be valued less than the most villain criminal like Barabbas was real.
- The mockery of the Roman soldiers was real.
- The dragging of the cross to Golgotha when He no longer had the strength to do so was real.
- The nails pierced in His hands and feet were real.
- The thirst on the Cross was real.
- The atrocity and the cruelty of the cross were real.
- There were no special effects, no computer animation, no stunts, no decorator, and no modification.
THE EXTRMITY OF THE LOVE OF GOD FOR HUMANITY
Joh 3:16 Car Dieu a tant aimé le monde qu’il a donné son Fils unique, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu’il ait la vie éternelle. (LSV)
16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (NKJV)
- Jesus came fully aware of the cost of the mission.
- Jesus came on earth to fulfill a Mission Impossible Assignment.
- Jesus came on earth to rescue mankind from the dominion of Satan.
- Jesus came on earth to replace the first Adam from whom the dominion was easily taken by the devil.
- Jesus came on earth so that the government of the human race can rest upon His invincible shoulder.
- Jesus came on earth to create a pathway for reconciliation between mankind and his Creator.
- Jesus came on earth to vanquish the works of the devil.
- Jesus came on earth to choose a bride for Himself.
- Jesus came on earth to restore the order in the creation.
- Jesus came on earth to fulfill the prophecies of the Holy Scriptures.
- Jesus came on earth to pave the way for the coming of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus came on earth to activate the clock for the judgment of Satan.
THE ENDLESS FAILURES OF SATAN
- Satan failed to prevent the arrival of Jesus the Son of God.
- Satan failed to kill Jesus at infancy, though he tried to get it done through the bloody hands of Herod.
- Satan failed to prevent Jesus from launching His earthly ministry.
- Satan failed in the numerous temptations geared at Jesus to disqualify Him.
- Satan failed to get Jesus to abandon His mission.
- Satan’s greatest failure was the resurrection of Jesus.
- The day of resurrection is the greatest joy of heaven.
- There were no higher celebrations in heaven than the day when Jesus came out victoriously from the death.
- On the previous Friday at the pinnacle of his agony, we heard Him say. “It is finished!”
- His last words were “Father unto Thy hands I commit my spirit.”
- When the earthly chapters of Jesus’ ministry came to an end, without the resurrection it would be a failed mission.
- The resurrection of Christ means that a new pathway is paved for the human race to be resurrected as well.
- The regenerated souls can now make a permanent transfer from the state of the first Adam to that of the last Adam Jesus Christ.
- The same way we inherited the sins of our fore parents, so will we inherit the glory of the resurrected Christ.
- Resurrection is not just another day in history. It is Thee Day of Independence of the whole human race!
- It is the day when a remedy for sin was introduced.
- It is the day when the government of the human race was shifted from one weak shoulder to an invincible one.
- It is the day when Satan was declared an outcast on this earth.
- It is the day when Satan had to begin to work as the underdog on this earth.
- Ever since the resurrection of Christ, Satan can hardly bear the defeat and the humiliation caused by the Christian faith.
- The Holy Spirit soon thereafter introduced the church to the world.
- In spite of the relentless attacks of the enemy on the Bride of Christ, the church is still standing strong and triumphant in expectation of her rapture from this world of sin.
THE IMPACT OF THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
- In spite of all the miracles that Jesus did, none of them match the impact of the resurrection.
- Without the resurrection of Christ, Christianity would be a dead religion as all the other faiths.
- Without the resurrection of Christ, Satan would retain the old dominion over mankind.
- Without the resurrection of Christ, the sin debt would still be hanging over humanity.
- Without the resurrection of Christ, reconciliation with God would not be possible.
1Co 15:13 S’il n’y a point de résurrection des morts, Christ non plus n’est pas ressuscité.
14 Et si Christ n’est pas ressuscité, notre prédication est donc vaine, et votre foi aussi est vaine.
1Co 15:3 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
- The resurrection of Christ led to the Ascension of our Lord some 40 days after.
- The ascension of Christ led Pentecost some 10 days later.
- With the coming of the Holy Spirit the church was officially born.
- The existence of church led to the worldwide evangelization.
- The worldwide evangelization makes way for the rapture of the saints.
- The rapture of the saints will make way for the millennium kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth.
- The millennium kingdom of Christ with make way for the great battle between God and Satan.
- Armageddon will make way to the total destruction of the present world.
- The destruction of the present world will make way to the creation of the new world where everlasting peace and joy will be the common lot for all believers.
- On this great day of the resurrection of Christ, let all of us believers join hearts to thank God for his great love for us.
- Let us walk in newness of heart in the victory of the cross by abolishing sins from our lives.
- May God quicken us so that we can take the full advantage of the finished work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.