CHRIST THE ROCK CONGREGATION
SUNDAY DECEMBER 6TH 2020
Sermon by Pastor Marc Simeon
FROM EDEN TO HELL
DU JARDIN D’EDEN À L’ENFER
The Irony of Mankind Becoming Like God
L’ironie de l’humanité à devenir comme Dieu
2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;
3 “but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'”
4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.
5 “For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
2 La femme répondit au serpent: Nous mangeons du fruit des arbres du jardin.
3 Mais quant au fruit de l’arbre qui est au milieu du jardin, Dieu a dit: Vous n’en mangerez point et vous n’y toucherez point, de peur que vous ne mouriez.
4 Alors le serpent dit à la femme: Vous ne mourrez point;
5 mais Dieu sait que, le jour où vous en mangerez, vos yeux s’ouvriront, et que vous serez comme des dieux, connaissant le bien et le mal.
- A terrific liar is one who can twist the truth as if to clarify it.
- The serpent got our fore parents in a game of words as if to further explain what God meant to say about the forbidden fruit.
- In his innocence, mankind did not absorb the spiritual implication of the danger of the forbidden fruit.
- God was protecting them from a litany of complications that they were not equipped to understand.
- There are realms of reality that are better left unknown.
- Many people can barely sleep at nights because of what they now know.
- Curiosity can cause us to puck the bubble of innocence that we live in, only to find out that the process is irreversible, that we cannot go back to innocence.
- Satan told Eve that God was preventing mankind from the knowledge of good and evil because of His own selfish reason and insecurity.
- The devil caused the woman to feel disenfranchised and abused by God.
- The devil advanced a pressure sell tactic on mankind.
Example of my Timeshare Pressure Sale Experience
- I was completely innocent on the subject; I was never been exposed to timeshare or pressure sale before.
- First, it seemed that we banked a good deal for a family vacation package that included air travel, hotel and car rental.
- It turned out that I could have planned the same vacation within the same budget.
- Part of the deal was that we had to go to a seminar on the third day in order to check back in your hotel although we paid everything up front.
- The prime targets in the seminar were people like us who were ignorant on the subject.
- We were shown a bunch of beautiful buildings and an offer was made to us to own our very own condo to be at our dictate.
- She did not say that, she made it sound like that with a game of words.
- They had programs that started in the $30,000.00
- At one point I though, I was being offered to buy a share to be a joint owner of those buildings. When she clarified that, it wasn’t the case, I then exclaimed, “What is it am I buying?”
- It included sale tax, bank loan, and property tax.
- When I showed hesitation about the whole deal, the agent then talked to a supervisor who said that they could find us a deal in the $10,000.00 range.
- I told her that I have to sleep on it. I told her that my wife and I don’t make decisions that way.
- After extreme insistence, I still refused to sign any loan. She became frustrated and made us sign a piece of paper that says that we did not encounter pressure sale.
- I left there feeling coming out of a nightmare.
- In the next few days after, we went to Orlando in order to go to Disney world, we were offered a deal, if we wanted to go to another seminar, to which I yelled NO!!!!!!!!!
BACK TO THE GARDEN
- Eve was involved in a pressure sale without knowing it.
- She was going to be given one lie after another until she surrendered.
- You can bet on Satan trying to defend himself one day before God by saying,
- “I did not tell them, they would become like God, but I told them that they will share one of the privileges enjoyed by God himself.
- I only told them that they would become like God with respect to the knowledge of good and evil.
- “I told them that their eyes would be open, which was true, because they only saw that they were naked after the consumption of the fruit.
- “I told them that they shall not surely die meaning that they would not die instantly like they thought.
- This line of philosophy of disclaimer is in most of the commercials you see on television.
- It is in most of the contracts that you sign these days.
- It is in most of the insurance bindings.
- It is in most medicine descriptions that you see advertised on television.
- The exceptions are so hidden, that only the trained eyes can notice them.
- The woman heard something different from what the devil was actually saying.
- She heard that she could advance herself to divinity.
- She heard that God is not entirely honest with her.
- She heard that she was deprived of privileges.
- She felt that Lucifer was on her side.
- She felt empowered to vindicate herself from the unfair limitations imposed by God.
- She encouraged her husband to take the fruit of illumination along with her.
THE HALF TRUTH
- They did not die instantly.
- They became conscious of themselves in another way; they discovered that they were naked.
- They became like God only in the knowledge of good and evil and even God admitted that in Gen 3:22.
- They became ashamed; they became afraid of God. They had to hide from God.
- To their greatest surprise, the hip for advancement was a fatal fall.
- The only bid winner was the devil, who managed to snap humanity out of paradise only to become his subjects.
THE IRONY OF MANKIND WANTING TO BECOME LIKE GOD
Ge 3:6 ¶ La femme vit que l’arbre était bon à manger et agréable à la vue, et qu’il était précieux pour ouvrir l’intelligence; elle prit de son fruit, et en mangea; elle en donna aussi à son mari, qui était auprès d’elle, et il en mangea.
- The great irony of mankind trying to become like God has taken some 6 to 12 thousand years in the making and today we are going to see how well we do so far.
- Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit because they felt that the offer was too advantageous to pass by.
- To be like God without being God is a paradox in itself. This is like handing a million dollars to a beggar down the street.
- Without the proper discipline, he can do more wrong than good with that money.
- How a created being can fathoms the idea of becoming like God? What is his point of reference?
THE THINGS THAT HUMANITY LEFT BEHIND IN EDEN IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR ILLUSION
- An organic garden that was planted by God Himself.
- A cozy atmosphere filled beauty and peace and serenity.
- A glorious intimacy with God.
- The privilege of being clothed with the glory of God.
THE REALITY CHECK OUTSIDE OF EDEN
- As they checked out of Eden, they were covered with shame, and their innocence was all gone.
- They checked-in to the raw world, the world of what you see is what you get.
- The world of “chak koukou klere pou jew.”
- The fields would not produce anything except after a lot of ordeal.
- The women would lament miserably in giving birth to a child.
- Men would exercise an irregular dominance over women.
- As they get expulsed out of Eden, their so called friend who encouraged them to disobey God became their master.
- They would continue to inquire from him for them to know what to do, because mankind was not designed to steer to his destiny by himself.
THE JOKE WAS ON US
- Mankind never really got a chance to enjoy this rise to the status of Godhood.
- We are now living in our primetime in terms of the promise that Satan gave to Adam and Eve to become like God, when you consider how far mankind has advanced himself in technology, but we are the furthers thing from God.
- Who else could see all the ends of the world except for God, today with the help our satellites, mankind has gained a great knowledge about the universe.
- Who else could speak to a person at any point in the universe except for God, now with the help of our cell phones, we can reach another human being at any point of the globe.
- We can travel in the air, on land, and under water with incredible speed.
- We take our own destiny into our own hands and make machines to help us to tame our environment.
- We can produce food in masses.
- We fight our own wars by ourselves.
- To save the face, we pretend to be very happy that we ate the fruit.
- Apple Company ironically represents itself with a logo of a bitten apple.
- The bitten apple is to flash in the face of God how far better life is for us than the cage He made for us in Eden.
- Is humanity truly better off after we broke loose from Eden? Ten thousand times, NO.
- We are at the brink of extinguishing life out of this planet.
- We are looking for other planets out there to pollute as ours is showing signs of death.
- We enslave one another.
- One group gets all the best that the planet has to offer while the rest of the people strive to survive.
- We create sicknesses in order to create remedies. The Corona virus is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Food and shelter is no longer our preoccupations on the planet.
- We dig the earth looking for gases, precious stones and medals, and oil, regardless of the negative impact it has on the ecological balance of the planet.
- The mental institutions are filled to the brink with patients.
- We are plagued with famine, disunity, wars, natural disasters, discriminations, discontentment, greed, theft, inconsideration for others and a lot more ills.
Air pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels in factories, cars, airplanes, and electricity cause health problems such as breathing problems, worsening of asthma, and even congenital disabilities.
According to Pure Earth, toxic pollution is among the leading risk factors for non-communicable diseases globally.
Non-communicable diseases account for 72% of all deaths, 16% of which are caused by toxic pollution. Toxic pollution is responsible for 22% of all cardiovascular disease, 25% of stroke deaths, 40% of lung cancer deaths, and 53% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), ambient air pollution causes 4.2 million deaths every year. 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality exceeds the WHO guidelines limits.
JOHNS HOPKINS MEDICINE on MENTAL HEALTH
An estimated 26% of Americans ages 18 and older — about 1 in 4 adults — suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year. Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. In particular, depressive illnesses tend to co-occur with substance abuse and anxiety disorders.
MANKING LOOKS MORE AND MORE LIKE THE DEVIL RATHER THAN GOD.
- The motto of the devil is three folds: kill. Steal, and destroy.
- Mankind becomes more and more devilish in his behavior.
- We want what’s not ours
- We destroy at will.
- We kill without feeling any remorse
- We lavish is sin as if it was the way of life.
- We hate without cause
- We are jealous of others
- We are envious, and contentious.
- We are very prideful
- We wave our fists in the face of God all day long.
2Ti 3:1 ¶ Sache que, dans les derniers jours, il y aura des temps difficiles.
2 Car les hommes seront égoïstes, amis de l’argent, fanfarons, hautains, blasphémateurs, rebelles à leurs parents, ingrats, irréligieux,
3 insensibles, déloyaux, calomniateurs, intempérants, cruels, ennemis des gens de bien,
4 traîtres, emportés, enflés d’orgueil, aimant le plaisir plus que Dieu
5 ayant l’apparence de la piété, mais reniant ce qui en fait la force. Éloigne-toi de ces hommes-là.
- Let us map our way back to Eden.
- Forget about the physical Eden, because God has placed an angel there so that no man can ever penetrate it again.
- Let us admit that we made a fool out of ourselves.
- Let’s ask God for forgiveness
- Let’s sue God for another chance to make it right.
- We know that God continues to desire to have a special relationship with mankind on His term.
- We know that He is preparing a place that far exceeds Eden in beauty.
- We know that He offers us a chance to spend eternity with Him.
- What have we to loose, except for our ego.
- What have we to exchange except for our misery, our shame and our condemnation.
Father, please forgive us for forsaking the path that you made for us in the beginning.
Forgive us for taking side with the devil against you in the Garden of Eden.
Lord, we are messed-up, needy and hungry; we are confused and lost; we are desperate and lonely.
We need you now more than ever Lord! We need your rescue; we need a second chance with You Lord! We need your mercy Lord!
Please free us from the bondage of sin!
Please lead us back to you, to the path of righteousness!
Please take us back to the original plan of creation; we aspire to be in a place of splendid beauty and peace and serenity.
Please take us in heaven, where we can be in your presence for ever.
We made a big mistake; please give us a second chance with you. In Jesus’ Name we pray!