CTRC YOUTH WITH PASTOR MARC (MAY 15TH 2021)
EROTIC LOVE RELATIONSHIP FOR CHRISTIANS
Erotic love is a powerful force that everyone should master before falling in love.
Meet the 8 Different Types of Love
- Philia — Affectionate Love. Philia is love without romantic attraction and occurs between friends or family members. …
- Pragma — Enduring Love that matures over time ( found in elderly couples) love that have survived the test of time)
- Storge — Familiar Love between parents and children, good friends, etc
- Eros — Romantic Love that is romantic and sensual between a man and a woman (physical, sexual, affectionate )
- Ludus — Playful Love (flirting, being bitten by the love bug, serious but no so serious, high emotion in the beginning of love relationship)
- Mania — Obsessive Love.( Mania is an obsessive love towards a partner. It leads to unwanted jealousy or possessiveness — known as codependency. Most cases of obsessive love are found in couples with an imbalance of love towards each other. Survival instinct drives a person to desperately need their partner in order to find a sense of self-value.
- Philautia — Self Love. Philautia is a healthy form of love where you recognize your self-worth and don’t ignore your personal needs. Spend time around people who support you.
- Agape — Selfless Love. (God’s type of love that exercises freely with no strings attached,
- Falling in love is a serious business.
- Many get crushes mixed up for love.
- Many have crushes on famous people, athletes, singers, actors, preachers, teachers, rich people, television personalities, etc.
- These crushes are indiscriminate whether or not the person is married or single, or engaged.
- Unfortunately many people end up getting hurt because they could not come out of their love fantasy.
- True love is not mere feelings.
- True love is not blind or dumb.
- True love listens to reason.
- True love obeys God’s word.
- The Bible warns of premature love 3 times in the book of Songs of Salomon.
Song 2:7 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases.
Song 3:5 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases.
Song 8:4 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases.
- You can see that all three of these verses say almost the same things.
- The Bible views love as a yoke, a hook, a bondage, tie, knot, etc.
- The Bible warns about certain people a Christian should not even consider to fall in love with.
2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
- Erotic love is a lifetime investment and should not be taken lightly.
- If you knew that you could only buy one car in your lifetime and that you were not allowed to change it unless the car is total loss; how careful would you be about your choice of cars?
- The biggest problem out there is the lack of fear for God.
- Many people are busy playing house thinking that it is love.
- Sexual intimacy should be exercised within the confine of marriage, yet people are willing to violate this law of God only to put themselves in big trouble.
- Your body is a machine that can easily get turned on.
- Any little child can start a car, but that doesn’t mean that he can drive or that he is allowed to drive.
- Your body is not Christian but your mind is.
Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- Your body will respond to whatever the mind feeds it.
- The eyes may see a sexy or half naked person, or the cutest guy or girl in the universe.
- The love engine in your body can even crank up by itself.
- It’s up to the mind to turn off the engine or to put it in drive.
- If you allow your mind to follow your body, you will be in big trouble.
- The body can be automatically propelled by the power of the flesh.
- Be careful what you see or hear for your body can turn on by the slightest incentive.
Ga 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
- A Christian is one who must be guided by the Holy Spirit of God at all times.
- Some relationships are not allowed for Christians.
- Many think that they are smarter than God when it comes to relationship.
- Erotic love is distorted in the movies.
- You see two people spot each other, next thing you know, they are in bed together.
- In the movies, a person can hardly control his/her sexual impulses.
- Once the act is committed, the passion is automatically gone.
- Some stay in that relationship for a while with their eyes looking at the window in search for another vibe like a butterfly looking for more flowers to fly to.
- Once an accident happens, you hear “I don’t feel ready to raise kids right now.” Or you can hear, “I am not ready for serious relationships right now.”
1Co 13:4 ¶ Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 ¶ Love never fails.
- True love puts commitment before feeling.
- True love seeks to honor God and not the flesh.
- True love sees the wellbeing of the other person before its own.
- True love does not have a plan B, It’s in for the long run.
- True love envisions the future and not just the present.
- May God help you to be strong so that you don’t fall for these false erotic loves with the wrong person.
Next time I would like to speak about how to avoid toxic relationship
CTRC YOUTH SATURDAY WITH PASTOR MARC
Saturday, April 17, 2021
- As you know, relationship is a broad subject.
- In a sense, all things are related.
- All that we see and all that we don’t see were created by God.
- In that sense, we all relate because we share a common Creator.
- All are related in the sense that God created all things to be interdependent.
- We need the earth and the earth needs us.
- I need my mother and my mother needs me.
- I need my job and my job needs me.
- I need my car and my car needs me.
- I need the cow and the cow needs me.
- I need my pet and my pet needs me.
- I need you and you need me
- You matter to me and I matter to you.
- I need my church and my church needs me.
- I need God and God needs me although God is not dependant on anything for His survival.
RELATIONSHIP is described as follow:
The way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected. (internet source)
The Bible talks about relationship 5734 times
- God created people to be in relationship with himself and with one another in friendship, marriage, family, society and the church.
- Human beings are created to be in relationship (internet source)
Relationship with God
Re 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
2Co 6:17-18 Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.”18 “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty.”
Joh 14:1 ¶ “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Relationship with one another
Ge 2:18 ¶ And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
Ps 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Pr 17:17 ¶ A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.
Pr 18:24 ¶ A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Pr 27:10 Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend, Nor go to your brother’s house in the day of your calamity; Better is a neighbor nearby than a brother far away.
9 Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.Relationship with God
Relationships between believers
Believers are to be in relationship with one another in the church
Eph 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Believers are to maintain good relationships
Eph 4:1 ¶ I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
2 ¶ with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ro 12:18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
Ro 14:19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
Believers are to restore broken relationships
Mt 18:15 ¶ “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
Eph 4:26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
27 nor give place to the devil.
As you unfold the subject you will realize how important relationships are and how to maintain a healthy relationship.
People who cannot keep relationships are miserable and lonely.
Boundaries are important in all relationships and we will talk about that in the future.